If you want to get in touch with Captain FI, I would love to hear from you! I am passionate about personal finance and always interested to learn more – if you have a particular skill, content or product which you think would help people reach Financial Independence then get in touch.
Question for the Captain?
If you have a question for the Captain, please check my FAQ section or try searching through all of my posted articles for the answer. If you can’t find what your looking for, please feel free to leave a comment on any post or get in touch through the contact form.
If you want to join a growing personal finance community in Australia, join the ‘Financial Independence Chat Australia’ group where you can instantly chat with hundreds of other investors on their own FIRE journies.
If you are interested in a media enquiry or want to interview of feature Captain FI, please be aware that I currently blog anonymously and am currently not willing to publish my identity. I am happy to conduct spoken or written interviews on the topic of FIRE and personal finance.
Collaborating with Captain FI
Currently I am open to collaboration opportunities so if you think you have a project that might be a good match, drop a line and get in touch.
Featured Interviews on CaptainFI.com
If you would like to be featured for an interview then get in touch. You can complete the following profile questionnaire and send it to me – if you are a good match for my audience and the FI community, then you can be featured on the blog! Successful entries would need to complete as many questions as they feel comfortable to share about themselves, as well as be able to provide either a photo, logo or avatar for use on the featured interview.
A bit about you
- Can I use your name or are you anonymous?
- Do you have a blog or website?
- Where can we find you on social media?
- How old are you?
- What is your marital status?
- Do you have kids/family (if so, how old are they)?
- What area of the country do you live in (can be as specific as you like)?
- How was your childhood? Was your family wealthy, middle class or low-income?
- How did you learn about finances and at what age did you “get it”?
- Who inspired you to excel in life? Who are your heroes?
- How do you think differently than the average person when it comes to money?
- Do you have any favourite money tools and resources you recommend (books, podcasts, apps etc)?
- Do you give to charity? Why or why not? If you do, what percent of time/money do you give?
Your working career
- Did you pursue tertiary education (if yes can you please explain)?
- What is your current job?
- What is your annual income?
- How have your earnings grown – What was your starting income, how did you grow this and where are you now?
- Would you recommend people to pursue the same career path? Would you choose a different job if you could go back?
- What tips do you have for others who want to grow their career-related income?
- What’s your work-life balance look like?
- Do you have any sources of income besides your career? If so, can you list them, how much you earn with each, and how you developed them?
- What is your (your family’s) annual spending?
- Can you break-down the main categories this spending relates to?
- Do you have a budget? If so, how do you implement it?
- What percentage of your gross income do you save and how has that changed over time?
- What is your favourite thing to splurge on?
Your Investing strategy
- What has been your investment strategy/philosophy?
- What has been your best investment?
- What has been your worst investment?
- What’s been your overall return?
- How often do you monitor/review your portfolio?
Your Net Worth
- What is your current net worth?
- What are the main assets that make up your net worth and any debt that offsets this?
- How did you accumulate your net worth?
- What has been the biggest contributor to your net wealth?
- What has been the biggest detractor to your net wealth?
- What are you currently doing to maintain/grow your net worth?
- What money mistakes did you make that we can learn from?
- How has your spouse or family impacted your net worth?
- Do you have a target net worth you are trying to attain for FIRE, will you quit working when you reach this?
- What are your retirement plans?
- Are there any issues in retirement that concern you? If so, how are you planning to address them?