DepositPhotos is a stock photograph website with more than 1.5 million images as well as music and videos. Users can pay for a subscription or buy content. Read on for the full Deposit Photos Review.
- The videos and photos on Deposit are very high quality
- It is free to join DepositPhotos which makes it easy to look around before buying.
- Photographers can gain exposure and earn money by uploading their photos to sell
- Deposit App for iPhone and Android is easy to use
- Millions of photos to choose from with more added every week.
- The DepositPhotos website is very easy to use and you will quickly be able to find the files that you need.
- There are some free photos, but most of them are not free. In order to use Deposit Photos, you will need to either have a monthly subscription or pay for a number of files in advance.
- On-Demand plans where you pay for a group of images in advance are only valid for one year, so if you buy a batch of images and you don’t use all your downloads, you will lose them unless you pay for more images.
Verdict: For casual use, Deposit can get pricey but it’s FREE to join, so you can look around before committing to buy. Range of pics available is amazing.
DepositPhotos, which was started in 2009, is one of the largest stock photograph websites online with more than 1.5 million stock images and more added every two weeks. It also has apps for both Android and Apple users. To access most of the content on DepositPhotos, users must pay for a monthly subscription or buy files in advance. DepositPhotos is a little expensive, but users can be sure that they will find the content they need. The website is easy to use and files can be searched through key words or by browsing their categories. If you are looking for images, videos, or music, signing up is free and you won’t need to pay for anything until you are sure Deposit Photos has what you need.
What is Deposit Photos?
DepositPhotos is a stock photograph1 website that has royalty-free images, videos, vectors2 illustrations, and music. The files are separated into different categories and can be searched by key word or browsed by category.
Is Deposit free to use?
It is free to sign up for an account with Deposit Photos, but there are not many free images for you to download. DepositPhotos has a number of subscription packages, allowing you a certain number of files to download each month. It also has on-demand files that you pay for in advance.
How does Deposit pricing work?
The pricing is different depending on what kind of materials you are interested in. For all of the different types of materials, you can either pay for a monthly subscription or you can pay for a number of files in advance.
If you want to download high-quality photos and vectors, you can choose from a subscription that is billed either monthly or yearly. The cheapest plan will allow you to download 25 images a month. The most expensive plan (also billed monthly or yearly) will allow the download of up to 750 images per month. If you don’t want a subscription then their On Demand package allows users to pay for images in advance in groups of 3, 10, 25, and 100 images.
For stock videos, the cheapest subscription plan is 5 videos to download per month with a range of plans up to 25 video downloads per month. With an On Demand package, you can get groups of 1, 5, or 25 video files, but it is much more expensive than a monthly subscription.
Music and sound effects have a subscription package with unlimited downloads. The On-Demand downloads are in groups of 1, 5, or 25 tracks, and it is much more expensive than the monthly price.
What can you find on Deposit?
You can find a lot of different files on DepositPhotos. They sell images, photos, vectors, illustrations, videos, music and sound effects, and various tools such as logo maker, background remover for images and videos, and reverse image search.3
How many images are on Deposit?
At the time of writing, DepositPhotos has more than 1.5 million high-quality stock photos. New Content is added every second Monday.
What are the benefits of uploading photos for use on Deposit?
There are a couple of benefits of uploading your photos to Deposit Photos. First of all, you can increase your visibility online by uploading your images to different sites. Because Depositphotos allows users to search for files by contributor, it will definitely get your name out there. You can also make money online by selling your images on DepositPhotos. Because DepositPhotos is owned by Vistaprint, visitors to the Vistaprint website will be encouraged to use images from DepositPhotos. This means that you could potentially make a lot of money by making your photos available on this stock photo agency.
Are there rules for using Deposit photos or videos?
There are different licenses for stock photos4 depending on the intended use of each file that you purchase. DepositPhotos has a Royalty Free License and a Royalty Free Extended License. If the file has a standard license a print run is limited to 500,000 copies. The Extended License does not have any limits or prints and allows you to use the downloaded file for resale or free distribution. For example, if the image has an Extended License, that means that you can print the image on a mug and sell it without modifying the image.
Advantages of using Deposit
● It is free to join DepositPhotos which makes it easy to look around the site before you decide whether or not you want to pay for a subscription or for files.
● DepositPhotos has a large number of files to choose from and you can easily preview all the images before you buy.
● The DepositPhotos website is very easy to use and you will quickly be able to find the files that you need.
Disadvantages of using Deposit
● There are some free photos, but most of them are not free. In order to use Deposit Photos, you will need to either have a monthly subscription or pay for a number of files in advance. The more files you want to download, the cheaper it gets, but for casual users, it is expensive compared with other stock photography sites, particularly free sites such as Pexels, Pixabay and Unsplash.
● On Demand plans where you pay for a group of images in advance are only valid for one year, so if you buy a batch of images and you don’t use all your downloads, you will lose them unless you pay for more images. Paying for more files will extend the expiry date, but you will end up with even more files that you may not be able to use.
FAQs about Deposit:
Who is the owner of Deposit?
DepositPhotos was founded by Dmitry Sergeev in 2009 in Kyiv Ukraine. The company was acquired by Vistaprint in 2021, and it now has its headquarters in New York, USA.
Is it easy to find what you need on Deposit?
You can search by keyword or by categories. The website makes it very easy to find what you are looking for. They also provide a number of filters, such as contributors, size, number of people, or colour. You can also search for licensing status.
Is there an app?
The Deposit Photos app is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Is Deposit safe to use?
As DepositPhotos has been around for more than 10 years, you can be sure that it is safe to use. It is important to check the license agreement for the files you want, so that you know that you are not breaking any copyright laws.
Provided you choose an appropriate license when you download a file, there will not be any problems. Some reviews have mentioned that customer service is not good and you may have difficulty getting help if a problem arises, but other than that, DepositPhotos is safe to use for images for your website business, for online projects or any project at all.
Do Deposit offer a free trial?
Although Deposit Photos does not offer free trials, it is free to join and you can easily find a limited amount of free material. You can also download a preview copy of an image before you buy it. The image will have a watermark which will be removed when you pay for the image.
Since it was founded by Dmitry Sergeev5 in 2009 in Kyiv Ukraine, DepositPhotos has continued to grow and the company has recently been acquired by Vistaprint. For photographers, it is worth uploading photos to stock photo sites as it is one way that your photos can be seen by a large number of people.
For users, the large quantity of files that can be found on DepositPhotos makes it a very useful website. It is free for users to sign up, and they will not need to pay for anything until they are sure that DepositPhotos has the file that they want. DepositPhotos is more expensive than some of its competitors, but it is worth trying out.
1.. ‘What is a Stock Photo, How it Works and How it Can Help You’. Published 27 Aug, 2021. Photography Concentrate. Accessed online at https://photographyconcentrate.com/what-is-a-stock-photo/ on 13 Nov, 2022.
2. ‘What is a Vector Image?’. By Shayla. Vivid Image. Accessed online at https://vimm.com/what-is-a-vector-image/ on 13 Nov, 2022.
3. ‘What is a Reverse Image Search?’. By Cesar Aroldo-Cadenas. Updated 6 Jan, 2022. Accessed online at https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-reverse-image-search-5205187 on 13 Nov, 2022.
4. ‘Stock Photo Licenses Explained’. Accessed online at https://www.budgetstockphoto.com/stock_photo_license_types.html on 13 Nov, 2022.
5. ‘Dmitry Sergeev: founder of one of world’s largest photobanks and content marketplace’. The Tribune. Accessed online at https://www.thetribune.com/dmitry-sergeev-founder-of-one-of-worlds-largest-photobanks-and-content-marketplaces/ on 15 Nov, 2022.